Deadline: 31 May 2016
Global Universities Partnership on Environment and Sustainability (GUPES) is inviting GUPES Members for the GUPES Green Grown Awards. The awards are the most prestigious recognition of environmental and sustainability best practice within the further and higher education sectors. They provide the sector with benchmarks for excellence and are respected by Government, funding councils, senior management, academics and students.
The GUPES Green Gown Awards is a joint initiative supported by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC),that expands the Green Gown Awards further across the globe with an emphasis on profiling and learning from the Southern Hemisphere.
The GUPES Green Gown Award Winner from each of the 6 regions will automatically be entered into the International Green Gown Awards contest.
Each GUPES region will select one final Award winner under the category that is applicable for the region:
- Africa: Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change
- Asia and the Pacific: Community Engagement
- Europe: Student Engagement
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Community Engagement
- North America: Student Engagement
- West Asia: Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change
- The GUPES Green Gown Awards are open to any tertiary education institution that is a GUPES member – including all post-16 educational institutions such as colleges, universities and learning and skills institutions.
- All applications are to be in English.
- Note: If your region already has an existing Green Gown Awards programme then you can only apply once to your regional Green Gown Award programme and are NOT eligible to apply for the GUPES Green Gown Awards, regardless of whether you are a GUPES member or not.
For information regarding application procedure and more, please visit this link.