Deadline: 6 December 2016
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for its cohort 6 of YALI Regional Leadership Center for West Africa program.
Supporting this progress, the Accra Regional Leadership Centre (RLC), a part of President Obama’s Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), will offer an innovative and game changing leadership training program in Africa. The program will be hosted by Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
- Business and Entrepreneurship
This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
- Civil Society Management
This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community based organizations, or volunteerism.
- Public Policy and Management
This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit YALI.