Deadline: 21 June 2019
In 2019, the Embassy’s Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) in Lebanon focuses on supporting the rights of women and girls.
The objective of the FLC is to complement other Finnish development efforts in the Finnish development policy’s priority areas. In the 2019 Call for Project Proposals, the focus is on Priority 1. The Rights and Status of Women and Girls. The eligible FLC projects must clearly address the rights and status of women and girls in Lebanon.
The Embassy’s Local Cooperation Fund budget is 100 000 euros in total, which will be divided between 1-3 projects, depending on the received proposals. The maximum project budget is 100 000 euros, with a maximum project duration of two years.
- Applicants should be registered civil society organizations (non-governmental organizations, independent media, or community based organizations, chambers of commerce, business associations or trade promotion agencies).
- For a proposal to be considered, these key elements of Finnish Development Policy must be applied:
- Human Rights, notably the rights of women and children, and marginalized groups like persons with disabilities. Projects assessed as Human Rights “blind” cannot be funded. For the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA), see the Guidance Note under the attachments.
- The project must incorporate the Results Based Management (RBM) approach.
- The project should provide added value to the priorities and the cross-cutting objectives (CCOs) of Finland’s Development Policy, which include the:
- Promotion of Gender Equality,
- Reduction of inequality,
- Promotion of sustainable management of natural resources, environmental protection and climate sustainability.
FLC cannot support
Any activities of government, ministries, municipalities, unregistered associations or organizations, individual businesses, activities of a political party, basic research, charity or humanitarian aid, international non-governmental organizations or cultural events. As a rule, the FLC does not support infrastructure projects.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit their project proposal via email at the address given on the website with the subject line “Fund for Local Cooperation”.
- The application package should include:
- The filled out Template for Project Proposals;
- The detailed Budget;
- Results Framework;
- Scanned copy of the official registration certificate of the organization in the original language. If the organization has an official translation of the registration certificate available, it can be submitted in addition to the original registration certificate.
- Proof of an existing bank account in name of the applying organization in the original language.
- Brochure of the organization and/or a link to the organization’s website.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2QuLgJp