Deadline: 23 September 2019
SIDN Fund and Adessium Foundation are making a joint call for proposals involving the development of alternative technologies, such as strategies and/or tools that reinforce democracy and protect privacy.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SIDN Fund and Adessium Foundation are calling for proposals for responsible solutions, with a view to reinforcing the information position of individuals within the democratic process. They are encouraging organisations to put forward strategies and/or tools that: strengthen the agency of online news consumers and/or facilitate information provision to individuals.
Both funding organisations are committed to promoting a strong internet in a healthy, open and democratic society. In recent years, digitisation has increasingly affected the information position of individuals and, consequently, the health of our democracies. In the context of this call, SIDN Fund and Adessium Foundation are therefore joining forces with the aim of addressing those issues.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Proposals might, for example, involve:
- Insight into why individual users’ newsfeeds are adjusted, and how such adjustments can be influenced or circumvented
- Insight into how personal data is processed in the context of online news consumption, and how the individual news consumer can influence the processes of data collection involved
- Strategies and tools that give individuals more control in relation to political micro-targeting
- Strategies and tools that give individuals more control over the processes by which they seek and gather information on societal issues
- Strategies and tools that give individuals more control in relation to content that has been removed, e.g. because it was deemed ‘harmful’ by a platform
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
They want to fund ten projects with grants of up to 40,000 euros each.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The project must serve the public interest; it must deliver added value for the community. The project must not therefore focus on a particular organisation or person; it must have general social significance and impact.
- The project results must be freely available, and the knowledge and experience gained must be shared.
- Geographical scope: the project must have a discernible effect in the Netherlands, and potential added value at the European level.
- The proposal must be submitted by a legal entity (or a legal entity currently in formation, which will be in existence by the time of the grant award, if made). A legal entity is, for example, a foundation, an association, a cooperative, a mutual guarantee company, a public limited company, or a private limited company.
- The proposer must demonstrably possess the capacity and expertise to successfully undertake the project. Wherever possible, the team itself should possess the required expertise, and not be reliant upon third-party providers.
- Diversity within the team is desirable.
- The proposer must have a strong contact network.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- A high-quality description of the idea/project must be provided. Quality will be assessed by reference to the problem outline and the rationale given for the proposed solution.
- The project must be innovative. That implies the application of an existing idea in a new context, the development of a new idea, or the application of new digital technology. The proposal must clarify the innovative aspects of the proposed project.
- The project must be scalable: the underlying principle must be transferrable to larger groups of users, and the upscaling pathway must be clear.
- The project must be potentially capable of achieving long-term impact in relation to the objectives of the call.
- The project must be result-oriented. The proposal must state what steps the proposer has taken to gauge the need and demand for the project within the target group. The proposal must also identify the target group and the means by which that group is to be reached.
- The project duration must be no more than one year, starting 1 January 2020.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.adessium.org/new-call-sidn-foundation/