The MAC AIDS Fund supports organizations that provide direct services for individuals living with HIV/AIDS and that address the link between poverty and AIDS. The aim is to help fund those direct care services most needed in a particular community based on HIV/AIDS prevalence and the availability of other public or private funding sources.
Examples of the kinds of services eligible under this program include, but are not limited to: food and nutrition, transportation assistance, prevention and education, treatment adherence, and housing.
- Asia Pacific: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
- Europe/Middle East: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales)
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela
Grants range from $25,000 to $75,000 USD. The maximum grant amount for a first-time grant is $50,000 USD.
- Applicant’s organization must be registered as a non-profit organization in one of the countries listed above.
- Applicant’s organization must provide direct services that address the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS.
- Applicant’s organization must have been in operation for three years or longer.
- Applicant’s organization must have not applied for a grant from the M∙A∙C Affiliate Community Grants Program in the current calendar year.
- The M·A·C AIDS Fund will not fund the following:
- Political lobbying
- Religious activities; faith-based organizations must provide services to all clients regardless of denomination
- Capital campaigns
- Sponsorship of events
- Endowments, unless they provide a direct service to people living with HIV/AIDS
- Debt reduction
- Direct medical care or services
- Programs based outside of the country where the organization is based
- Requests from past grantees who have not met our reporting requirements or terms of past grants.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on ‘Apply Anytime: Grants that are open throughout the Year.’ Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!