Deadline: 27 May 2017
The Next Einstein Forum Ambassadors Programme is currently open for applications and invites young science practitioners from African countries.
NEF Ambassadors, who are all under 42 years, drive the NEF’s local public engagement activities while growing their own careers through the NEF’s partnerships that offer opportunities for mentorship and collaborations with established researchers.
In particular, the NEF Ambassadors attend the biennial NEF Global Gatherings. The next NEF Global Gathering will be held in March 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Ambassadors will receive significant exposure to the NEF readership community.
- Have the opportunity to network with other experts and NEF Ambassadors and NEF Fellows, as well as top scientists, social scientists and technology leaders from around the world.
- Have the opportunity to influence science, social science and technology policy through NEF articles and documents and share their own work.
- Get the chance to pitch their own projects and ideas to high profile NEF members and contribute to the establishment of a positive global view of science in Africa.
- 42 years of age or less as of 31.12.2017 (Born after 1 January 1975)
- Resident/citizen of an African country with a history of leadership and engagement in the residing community
- Advanced studies or professional certificates, personal projects, demonstrated entrepreneurial achievements and similar – a PhD is not required
- Applicants are encouraged from all fields of science, including basic sciences, STEM, health and social science fields.
- Outstanding writing and keen critical thinking capabilities, and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated passion for raising Africa’s profile in science and/or social science
- Having an active profile in the community of work/study and/or online including social media
- Able to clearly communicate to an audience in English or French.
- At least 40% of selected NEF Ambassadors are women
- At most one NEF Ambassador from each African country
How to Apply
Applicants must submit completed application form via email as an attachment.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit NEF Ambassadors Programme.