Deadline: 29 August 2016
Applicants are invited for The New Zealand Partnerships for International Development Fund Round 9 (Partnerships Fund) with an aim to support good ideas from New Zealand-based organisations working with local partners from developing countries to support sustainable development in developing countries.
The objective of the Partnerships Fund is also to “support sustainable development in developing countries in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a more secure, equitable and prosperous world”. This is done by encouraging partnerships between New Zealand organisations and in-country partners. The Fund has a particular focus on sustainable economic development in the Pacific region.
- Health and education
- Water and sanitation
- Improved governance, security and conditions for peace
- Improved resilience and recovery from emergencies.
- Business enabling environment and private sector development
- Infrastructure (including transport and renewable energy)
- Private sector development
- Activities which are consistent with or complement the New Zealand Aid Programme’s bilateral and regional priorities, in particular the priority sectors agreed with developing country governments through bilateral agreements.
- Establishment or continuation of long-term partnerships between New Zealand and developing country organisations.
- The Partnerships Fund is open to applications from New Zealand-based charitable, other not-for-profit, private, and state sector organisations.
- All applicants must have a local partner(s) in the developing country/s in which they propose to work.
- The application must be demand driven, based on an identified in-country development need.
- The Partnerships Fund welcomes joint applications between eligible New Zealand organisations. A lead applicant must be designated for joint applications. The lead applicant must be a New Zealand based organisation.
Eligible Country: New Zealand
For more information, please visit this https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-and-development/working-with-us/contestable-funds/partnerships-for-international-development-fund