Deadline: 23 June 2016
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is seeking proposals from eligible entities for a program entitled “Wetland Program Development Grants (WPDGs)” with an aim to increase the quantity and quality of wetlands in the United States by conserving and restoring wetland acreage and improving wetland condition.
It selects the projects that develop or refine state/tribal/local government wetland programs as a whole, or individual components of those programs.
Under the WPDGs, EPA seeks to build the capacity of all levels of government to develop or refine effective, comprehensive programs for wetland protection and management.
- Monitoring and assessment;
- Voluntary restoration and protection;
- Regulatory approaches, including CWA 401 certification;
- Wetland-specific water quality standards
- Eligible applicants under this announcement are non-profit, non-governmental organizations, interstate agencies, and intertribal consortia which are capable of undertaking activities that advance wetland programs.
- Non-profit private universities and colleges and non-profit institutions of higher education are considered non-profit organizations and are eligible under this announcement.
- Individual states, tribes, local governments, and for-profit organizations are not eligible to apply under this announcement.
- Non-profit organizations described in Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code that engage in lobbying activities as defined in Section 3 of the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 are not eligible to apply.
- EPA may ask applicants to demonstrate that they are eligible for funding under this announcement including demonstrating that they are capable of undertaking activities that advance wetland programs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=283965