Deadline: 13 July 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from eligible Armenian organizations to fund a program entitled “Participatory Utilization and Resource Efficiency of Water (PURE-Water) Activity” with an aim to increase water productivity, efficiency, and quality, as well as foster behavioral change to reduce the rate of groundwater extraction in the Ararat Valley.
The goal will be accomplished through a program implementing an integrated water resource management and governance/civil society approach aimed at policy input, stakeholder engagement, and behavior change fostered through small-scale infrastructure pilot projects.
- Support development of and advocacy for an enabling policy and regulatory framework for improved participatory use of water;
- Facilitate participation and oversight of integrated water management practices in target communities to increase water resource efficiency;
- Raise public awareness and foster water-related behavioral change among affected stakeholders;
- Identify small-scale infrastructure pilot projects to complement local water needs.
Funding Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide up to $1,050,000.00 in total USAID funding over one year period.
- The eligibility requirement is restricted to Local (Armenian) organizations.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
- The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the application forms electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: Armenia
For more information, please visit http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=283814