Deadline: 14 November 2018
No Woman Left Out Initiative, Africa is seeking applications from eligible Women organizations for the 1st Round of its Small Grants Program in Nigeria with the theme “Pushing Forward Equality & Empowerment of Women for National Impact”.
NWLOI, Africa supports the economic and social progress of Women to become real economic players. NWLOI, Africa is looking for innovative and effective projects that address the needs of and involves Women. They are interested to see what difference these funds could make. Every proposal has to meet at least one of the two goals: Increased income generation and market access. The proposal will be assessed based on the strength of the idea, its ability to lead to impact and the feasibility of implementation. Proposals that also achieve one or more of the following will be considered favourably.
- The Projected scope of the project is N1,500,000 – 2,500,000.
- The estimated period of implementation is 1 – 18 months.
- The project must be independent. It should not be a supplement to a larger project.
The NWLOI-SGP, Nigeria will support the following:
- Small businesses owned by a collection of Women small holder groups in the areas of Agriculture (cultivation and processing), trade, commerce, local, manufacturing, cosmetology & beauty enhancement, tailoring, catering, handcraft and aqua-culture.
- Economics activities that entail clear cut skills transfer to windows, orphans, internally displaced persons (females) differently able persons (physically challenged) and more generally vulnerable Women in our society.
- Small businesses owned by Women groups that promote savings culture, enhance innovation and learning.
NWLOI, Africa particularly encourages Women self-help groups (any Women-led Co-operatives, Community-based Women Organizations, Faith-based Women Organizations, Women groups, Women Initiatives, Women Associations, Women Unions etc) and Women led Non-governmental Organizations, engaged in income-generating activities that have direct, practical and immediate economic impact, on Women’s personal income to apply.
How to Apply
Interested organizations/groups should download the application form available on the website, fill and submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit No Woman Left Out Initiative, Africa.