Deadline: 8 September 2016
The Council of Europe (CoE) invites nominations for its 2016 North-South Prize in the following areas:
- defence and promotion of human rights and pluralist democracy,
- the development of intercultural dialogue and
- the reinforcement of the North-South partnership and solidarity.
The prize is awarded every year to two personalities, preferably one from the North and the other from the South. The prize rewards their commitment to the defence and promotion of human rights, democracy, and the rule of law as well as to the development of agricultural dialogue and the reinforcement of the North-South partnership and solidarity, in conformity with the aims and principles of the Council of Europe.
- The Prize shall be awarded to grass root activists or other personalities recognised for their commitment to the principles referred.
- An Organisation or individual may submit nominations, and in particular, the following institutions and individuals are encouraged to do so:
- Member States of the North-South Centre;
- Member States of the Council of Europe;
- Other North-South Centre stakeholders and partners;
- Former winners of the North-South Prize;
How to Apply
Nominations shall be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Andorra, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Holy See, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia, Spain.
For more information, please visit North South Prize.