Deadline: 4 October 2018
The Positive Action Challenges in collaboration with United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) is seeking applications for a program entitled “Breaking Out of the Echo Chambers”.
This challenge is seeking innovative storytelling approaches via digital technology, including but not limited to social media channels, to engage targeted, hard-to-reach groups on issues related to HIV prevention, testing, care and/or stigma.
Echo chambers can be an opportunity as well as a barrier in the HIV/AIDS response. Some online communities offer safe spaces for individuals to access and share HIV-related information and resources in a stigma-free manner. On the other hand, echo chambers can also enhance stigmatisation, promote discriminatory behaviours or spread inaccurate or false information.
- The Prize amount is $10,000 for per prize.
- Up to 3 prizes are available.
- Positive Action Challenges are open to any applicant who is:
- an individuals under 18 are eligible to participate in any Challenge unless prohibited by applicable law)
- a group of individuals
- one or more public or private entities, including, without limitation, universities, academic institutions, not-for-profit entities and private sector organisations.
- Unless otherwise restricted by the Challenge, the Applicant may be from any geographic area.
- The Applicant must comply with these Challenge Rules and all funding rules associated with any Challenge prizes.
- The Applicant may not be a healthcare provider who is qualified to prescribe medicinal products or directly or indirectly influence the use of such products.
- In the event the Applicant is a governmental entity or a governmental employee, ViiV Healthcare reserves the right to conduct an evaluation to ensure Applicant’s eligibility with these Challenge Rules and any applicable Challenge criteria.
- In addition, ViiV Healthcare reserves the right to evaluate the eligibility of any government official or the eligibility of Applicants that reside in a jurisdiction that restricts or prohibits contests.
- The Applicant, including each individual member of an Applicant group, may not be an employee of ViiV Healthcare or any of its affiliates, a judge of the Challenge in question, or any other party involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Challenge or a member of the household of such an individual.
- The Applicant must not be or have a member who is currently on the Excluded Parties List maintained by the United States government.
- There is no maximum team size. Each Applicant must assign at least one named team leader. If Applicant teams include members less than 18 years of age, those members are required to submit a Parent Consent Form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- People Centred: Entries may focus on a process, technology or other method but the ultimate benefit must be measurable in terms of impact on people’s lives. Must ensure privacy, demonstrate an ability to not perpetuate stigma and discrimination associated with HIV and enhance active community participation in solution development.
- Replicable: Entries can be replicated and adapted by others at low cost to ensure broader implementation and uptake as quickly as possible in similar settings.
- Scalable: Entries must demonstrate how they can be scaled beyond pilot programmes to large scale responses that can be implemented at greater/national scale.
- Affordable: Entries must demonstrate affordability (low-cost or no-cost to the end users) within resource limited settings or other similar settings as detailed in the individual challenges.
- Sustainable: Entries must demonstrate how they are implementable in the longer term (beyond the lifecycle of prize funding) using the resources that already exist or which can be incremental to existing service delivery.
- Achieving substantive change: Successful entries are expected to change the thoughts, processes and other barriers that prevent people living in resource limited settings from receiving the best care possible within the resources (financial and other) available, demonstrating a clear benefit to the people and systems targeted.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Breaking Out of the Echo Chambers.