Deadline: 15 September 2016
ViiV Healthcare invites applications for Positive Action for Girls and Women Fund with an aim to tackle the harmful practices and norms that limit the aspirations of girls and women and increase their vulnerability to HIV.
The project focus lies on reducing the commoditisation of girls as well as supporting projects and organisations that advocate for girls and women.
- Community leadership to improve knowledge of and access to appropriate sexual and reproductive health information and services in early adolescence
- Reducing incidence of an ending community acceptance of early marriage, forced marriage and relationships of power imbalance
- Community interventions to end sexual and gender based violence, particularly amongst adolescent girls
- Community initiatives that support HIV positive adolescent girls to access appropriate SRH information and services; and reduce HIV related stigma and discrimination that may lead to vulnerability for these girls
- Community advocacy that address punitive laws and policies that put adolescent girls at risk of harassment, violence and/or arrest by the police, including girls in key populations
The maximum funding available is £50,000 over two years.
- The PAGW is targeted at helping communities affected by HIV and AIDS. Any properly registered not-for-profit organisation that represents, or is working with or for, affected communities is eligible to submit a proposal.
- There are no geographical restrictions on applications, although it is expected grants will be primarily in Africa given the need for projects to demonstrate link with HIV risk.
- Programmes from other developing world countries such as Latin America, Central Asia, Middle East & North Africa and East/South/South East Asia are also eligible, but will need to demonstrate link to HIV risk if lower prevalence setting.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications via online application system.
For more information, please visit https://www.viivhealthcare.com/community-partnerships/positive-action-for-girls-women/call-for-proposals.aspx
For other grants addressing HIV and AIDS, click on ‘Next’.