The Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF) is currently accepting applications from NGOs/ other not for profit organizations to undertake the different types of projects mentioned below while promoting international exchange, cooperation & understanding.
SPF contributes to the welfare of humankind and the sound development of the international community, and thus to world peace, by conducting activities fostering international understanding, exchange, and cooperation, as well as efforts to promote these activities.
Grant Size & Duration
The project program duration can be one to three years. The yearly budget per project has been between US$ 20,000 and US$100,000.
- The Sasakawa Pacific Island Nations Fund (SPINF)
- The Sasakawa Pan Asia Fund (SPAF)
- The Sasakawa Middle East Islam Fund (SMEIF)
- The Sasakawa Japan-China Friendship Fund (SJCFF)
Projects must promote international understanding, exchange, and cooperation, and must accord with program policy of SPF and program guidelines of SPF special funds.
- Funds of 18,077,610yen on Research on New Maritime Security in 2011.
- Funds of 8,620,080yen for Deep South Peace Media Network Development Project in Thailand.
- Funds of 13,500,000yen towards Alliance for Disaster Assistance in the Asia-Pacific Region in 2012.
- Funds of 11,700,000yen Empowering Civil Society in Southern Thailand through Regional Partnership in 2013
- Nonprofit organizations and Voluntary organizations of any nation are eligible to apply for grants.
- Organizations can include incorporated foundations and corporations, NPO corporations, universities and other incorporated educational institutions, and private organizations conducting non-profit activities, established on the basis of the Act on Promotion of Specified Non-profit Activities.
- Commercial enterprises and individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must be written in either Japanese or English.
How to Apply
All proposals must be sent by post following the steps-
- Download the grant application cover sheet available on the website.
- Fill in all the details about the project in the application cover sheet. Applications must be written in either Japanese or English.
- Attach documents if necessary (not compulsory)
- Send the application via post on the address available on the website.
- Enquiries can also be made regarding grant application.
Note: Proposals sent by FAX or email will not be processed.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on ‘Apply Anytime: Grants that are open throughout the Year.’ Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!