Applications are accepted anytime
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is a new independent grant giving institution that supports actors of democratic change. EED is a joint initiative of European States and EU institutions, which draws on the EU’s transition experiences and is inspired by the Arab Spring.
Funding of initiatives which foster democracy in their societies –EED usually receives requests for support ranging from € 10,000 – € 150,000. EED does not however have any formal funding range. Likewise, durations of EED-funded initiatives vary.
- EED supports civil society organisations, movements and individual activists working towards a pluralistic multiparty system.
- In particular, EED assists those that cannot be supported by other donors and existing EU instruments, e.g. newly created or non-registered organisations, informal platforms, youth groups and individuals.
- EED fulfills needs and demands of local democracy actors.
- EED can support individuals and non-registered groups.
- EED encourages Requests for Support in four languages: Arabic, English, French and Russian.
- EED accepts Requests for Support at any time: There is no deadline!
- EED can support organisations’ operational costs (e.g. salaries, communications and other office costs).
- EED responds to urgent needs for support and seeks to give applicants a final answer within 12 weeks.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for support using the online form available on the website.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on ‘Apply Anytime: Grants that are open throughout the Year.’ Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!