Deadline: 15 November 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for the Soroptimist’s Live Your Dream Awards that assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation. This unique program is helping women find their voice and purpose while offering the resources they need to succeed.
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 – $16,000 to further their education:
- Club-Level: Recipients can receive up to $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club in their area.
- Region-Level: Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
- International Finalists: Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.
Applicants are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if they are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve their education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if applicants are a resident of the United States. Applicants will not be asked to share this information unless have been given an award.)
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Live Your Dream Awards.