Deadline: 26 April 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Multi Country Office (MCO) for India, Bhutan, the Maldives and Sri Lanka is currently inviting civil society organisations to submit proposals for ‘Mobilizing for Change: Documenting Best Practices to Promote Gender Responsive Governance at the Local Level.’
- To build capacities of Elected Women Representatives/women’s groups to gather evidence/data on factors that promote or impede women’s participation & leadership in local governance (PRI level)
- To document and disseminate best practices/strategies that promote women’s participation and leadership at the PRI level
- To strengthen networks/collectives of women including women’s grassroots organizations and EWRs at the district/block/state to lead the advocacy agenda on gender responsive governance
Scope of Work
- Desk/ Secondary Research
- Primary Data Collection and Field Work
- Document and Disseminate Best Practices/ Case Studies
Proposed Project Period
Project Period: June’17 to April 2018
The applicant NGO must have/be:
- A registered nonprofit organisation in India
- Proven work experience of at least 7 years on leadership of women and Panchayati Raj
- Availability of women trainers/staff in the organisation.
- Presence in a finite geographical area to ensure consistent support to women
- Demonstrated compliance with basic legal and financial norms of the country and are not blacklisted by the state or central government
- Basic Structures in place to carry out the work.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.