The United Nations Trust Fund in Support of Actions to Eliminate Violence against Women (“The UN Trust Fund”) is a global multi-lateral mechanism supporting national efforts to end one of the most widespread human rights violations in the world. This fund supports actions to prevent and end violence against women and girls.
UN Trust Fund focuses on supporting the implementation of national and local laws, policies and action plans by expanding the quality and quantity of support available for on-the-ground and results based implementation of effective programmes.
Areas of Interest
Grant proposals might consider:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Developing specific strategies for primary prevention of violence against women and girls
- Ensuring survivors’ access to justice
- Empowering women to understand and claim their rights and mobilizing communities on ‘zero tolerance’
- Responding to the needs and rights of especially excluded and underserved groups
- Securing strategic policy commitments and budgets for implementation
- Enlisting relatively ‘new’ actors who have a critical, but largely untapped, role to play in preventing and addressing violence against women and girls
- Supporting the implementation of international and regional human rights instruments
- Overall, supporting capacity development of implementers of national and local laws, policies and action plans, at inter-sectoral and sectoral levels.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Small civil society organizations, especially grassroots women’s organizations and youth-led organizations, may request between US$ 50,000 – US$ 100,000 regardless of the size of their annual organizational budget for duration of two to three years.
Applications are currently closed for this opportunity.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.