Deadline: 28 February 2017
The United States Agency for International development (USAID) is seeking concept papers from U.S and non-U.S. organisations for a program entitled “Family Planning and Reproductive Health Methods to Address Unmet Need” with an aim to support the research, development and introduction of technologies and approaches that better meet the needs of women and girls as their sexual and reproductive health concerns change over time.
Objectives and Funding Information
- Refine existing FP methods to address method-related reasons for non-use.
- Up to $4 millon annualy.
- Response to product-related issues about currently available FP methods that arise at purchase and/or from the field and that may affect providers/user perceptions and/or the supply chain.
- Up to $1 millon annualy.
- Develop new FP methods that address methods-related reasons for non-use, and/or fill gaps in the exiting method mix.
- Up to $2 millon annualy.
- Conduct research to foster the introduction and uptake of new and/or underutilized woman-initiated methods, particularly non-hormonal barriers, contraceptive vaginal rings, and fertility awareness methods based on knowledge and monitoring of menstrual cycle.
- Up to $6 millon annualy.
- Develop multipurpose prevention technologies (MPTs) that address the simultaneous risks of unintended pregnancy, HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)- particularly HERPES Simplex Virus (HSV) and Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Up to $3 millon annualy.
- US organisations or non-US organisations registered and working in USAID priority countries
- Have expertise in research, development and/or introduction.
- US organisations or non-US private non-governmental organisations, non-profit organisations, for-profit organisations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Bangladesh, DRC, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, India, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda,, Yemen, Zambia
For more information, please visit this Family Planning and Reproductive Health.
Premium Video: How to Raise Funds from USAID. In this 90-minute video, you will learn about the USAID Geographic priorities, Issue Sectors and Financial Instruments & Eligibility; information sources for upcoming calls for proposals; and the Request for Application Process & the Basic overview on developing the Letter of Interest (LOI), Budget and Full Grant Application. Click here to login as a Premium Member to view it now. Not a Premium Member? Sign up here!