Deadline: 31 October 2016
The Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN) is offering Whitley Awards 2017 to support outstanding nature conservationists around the developing world.
- Find and fund the most effective grassroots conservation leaders in developing countries.
- Support the scale-up of projects with a track record of success, founded on scientific evidence and community involvement.
- Fund practical work that will have a long-lasting impact on the ground.
- Provide a platform for winners to boost their national and international profile.
- Work with winners to improve awareness of the serious problems facing biodiversity worldwide and address them through effective and inspiring solutions.
Whitley Awards are worth £35,000 GBP in funding to be spent over a period of one year.
- Applications from developing countries are welcome.
- Whitley Awards focus on individuals working in locations where international funds are hardest to raise, most needed, and will make the largest conservation impact.
- Recent expatriates from developed, high-income economy countries are not eligible for Whitley Awards.
- All applicants must be able to communicate in English, and be capable of compiling a written report to describe and quantify the success of their work with appropriate academic references.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their completed applications form, photographs and supporting documents via email at the address given on the website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit WFN Whitley Awards 2017.