The Novo Nordisk Foundation has announced the nominations for Nature-Themed Pedagog Prize.
The award is aimed at pedagogues at Danish day care institutions. Educators who work with science and nature education approaches may be considered. It can be, for example, investigations and experiments in everyday life, where children and adults have a joint attention to natural phenomena and technology.
- Each prize consists of a sum of DKK 150,000 consisting of a personal honorarium of DKK 50,000 and DKK 100,000 to the institution.
- The main criterion is that candidates have delivered a special educational effort within the curriculum theme of nature, outdoor life and science. In the selection, emphasis is also placed on candidates:
- Creates interest and motivation for science and technology among children.
- Develops, applies and shares inspiring educational methods for children’s study of numbers, nature or science.
- Actively participates in outward-oriented nature-themed activities and/or integrates work with nature, outdoor life and science in work with other curriculum themes.
- Contributes to promoting a stimulating science environment that qualifies colleagues.
- All criteria do not have to be met for a nominated educator to be considered.
- Children, parents and colleagues can make suggestions for candidates, but the recommendation must be made via the relevant educator’s head of institution or the institution’s board. One or more educators and teams of up to three people from the same daycare can be nominated.
- The nominated educator must agree to being nominated. The Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Nature-themed Pædagogpris cannot be received by pedagogues from the same daycare in the following four years after receiving the award.
For more information, visit https://novonordiskfonden.dk/en/grant/novo-nordisk-fondens-naturtematiske-paedagogpris/