The Westmeath County Council is seeking nominations for the 2021 Cathaoirleach’s Award to honour people who have given special service in their community in County Westmeath.
The Council would like to recognize the role played by many individuals and groups in helping to create a strong and vibrant community. By participating fully in their community, these people not only help in creating a better place, but their efforts also encourage and benefit others.
The Council invites nominations for the Cathaoirleach’s Awards Westmeath Person/ Group of the Year for 2021 under the following Categories:
- Community Involvement;
- Environment and Heritage;
- Children and Youth;
- Equality and Social Inclusion;
- Sporting Achievement;
- Active Elderly.
A winner will be selected in each of the above sub-categories and the overall Cathaoirleach’s Award Person /Group of the Year Winner 2021 will be selected. They hope to have finalized plans for the Awards event to honour all the Awards winners during the year. The winner in each category of the Cathaoirleach Awards will receive a specially commissioned award piece.
- Nominations can only be accepted following receipt of a completed Application Form along with the reasons for nomination and profile document.
- Decisions will be weighed in favour of those applications that give in detail the reasons for the nomination and the profile of the nominee person or group.
- Only groups or organisations in County Westmeath are eligible to submit nominations.
- A candidate cannot be nominated by a relative or by himself/ herself.
- Nominations must come from the Community Group and signed by the relevant authority, the signatory must not be related to the nominee.
- No present member of Westmeath County Council Staff may be nominated for an award.
- A committee called the Cathaoirleach’s Awards Evaluation Committee will consider all nominations received and will select winners on the basis of the information submitted on the official application form.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/31wPdDN