Deadline: 5 February 2019
AmplifyChange is currently inviting applicants from eligible organisations for its Strengthening Grants program to support, strengthen quality and scale-up the work of small to medium civil society organisations, partnerships and coalitions who are operating at a local, community, district or national level.
Strengthening grants are also intended to support organisational development and boost effectiveness of group; they understand that this enables organisations to better implement projects that are aiming to secure improvements in SRHR.
AmplifyChange support advocacy and activist groups working on these five priority areas:
- Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including decriminalisation of abortion
- Challenging stigma and discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender or sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals
- Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) and addressing child and early forced marriage (CEFM)
- Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalised people
Strengthening grants range from EUR40,000 – EUR100,000.
- Increasing individual awareness of SRHR as human rights
- Improving access to SRHR resources, information & services
- Transforming social norms
- Changing policies & laws
- Building stronger, more inclusive movements for SRHR
- The general eligibility criteria for Strengthening grantees are:
- The applicant organisation must be registered in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries (mentioned below).
- The project must be implemented in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
- The applicant organisation must have a bank account.
- The project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change priorities.
- The project must respond to one or more of the AmplifyChange outcome areas.
- The organisation must be a Southern-based organisation.
- The organisation must be a small to medium sized organisation with an average annual expenditure of less than EUR1 million per year.
- AmplifyChange will consider concept notes from civil society organisations based in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia.
- AmplifyChange will recognise the broad scope of civil society and the wide range of organisations, actors and coalitions it encompasses. Therefore, they are happy to receive concept notes from community groups, non-governmental organisations, indigenous groups, charitable organisations, faith-based organisations, research institutes, social enterprise groups, public-private partnerships, communications and media groups and professional associations.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the, Cote D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit https://amplifychange.org/grant-model/strengthening/
For great tips on how to apply and succeed please click here.