Deadline: 15 October 2016
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is inviting young leaders between 25 and 35 years to apply for the first edition of its Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will take place from 20th till 27th of November 2016 in Germany (Berlin, Schwerin).
- The Academy is primarily aimed at around 25 candidates who are committed to social democratic values, and who are interested in strengthening the political dialogue between their nations and the bilateral relations of their home countries with Germany and the European Union.
- Besides promoting peaceful dialogue, mutual understanding and the exchange of social democratic policies the academy offers participatory workshops on practical key competences and soft skills.
- The programme will provide a deep insight into the political situation of the respective host country and high level discussions with politicians and civil society experts.
- As an expected outcome the Academy wants to create a growing, sustainable network of Eastern European future leaders who are willing to facilitate dialogue orientated processes in connecting young, committed, and progressive people who are open to find new ideas on how to cooperate within Europe.
- Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, the Russian Federation, or Ukraine.
- Between 25 and 35 years of age.
- Command of English language.
- Young leader in a progressive political party or a social democratic youth organization; young member of Parliament, junior government official or activist in civil society.
- Willingness to support organizing an interesting and target orientated programme in the candidate’s own country for the other participants of the programme when the academy will take place there.
- Willingness to actively take part in alumni activities in order to help to create a growing, sustainable network of alumni.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit a letter of motivation and a one-page CV via email at the adrees given on the website.
- Short listed candidates will be invited to a Skype interview throughout October.
For more information, please visit Eastern European Academy.