The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) has issued a call for participation in a tender for NGOs registered and active in Kosovo to undertake the “Facilitating the accreditation and development of the Financial Academy for Civil Society Organizations in Kosovo”.
Objectives and Results
- The purpose of CSO engagement is to facilitate the accreditation and successful implementation of 2 cycles of the CSO Financial Academy, to improve CSO financial practices and capabilities. The curriculum is approximately 120 hours and accredited by public authorities.
- The engaged CSO is responsible for the quality of the curriculum that will be subject to a process for approval by the relevant public authorities and for the provision of training.
- Training will also be provided for the relevant target groups in several cycles until September 2025. It is expected that this process will be carried out on the principles of professionalism and ethics.
- After selection, a service contract will be signed with IDM. The service contract will also contain the standards that guarantee the quality of the provision of this service.
- The engaged CSO will undertake the accreditation of the curriculum in Kosovo, based on national adult education laws and relevant legal frameworks. In this framework, CSO will establish direct communication with public authorities. Based on the expertise of civil society, CSO finance, management and adult training, CSOs will develop a comprehensive curriculum that reflects needs analysis.
- During 2024 and 2025, the CSO will conduct training sessions, selecting 40 participants through a public call and targeting gender equality.
- The goal is for 16 participants per group to successfully complete the training and receive the certificate. The engaged CSO will document the procedures, including participant files, participant lists, examination records and satisfaction forms.
- The deliverables expected from the engaged NGO are:
- Program accreditation: CSO engaged is responsible for accrediting the curricula in Kosovo, adhering to national laws on adult education or relevant legal frameworks.
- Communication: CSO engaged is responsible will establish direct communication with relevant public authorities in Kosovo to facilitate the accreditation process.
- Curriculum development in finance for CSOs: CSO engaged will collaborate with experts experienced in civil society sector, finance, CSO management, and adult education to develop the Methodology for curriculum development, the reflection of needs analyses, the curriculum, documents, and learning materials.
- Delivery of education program: Educate a total of 40 attendees through accredited curricula. Select attendees from CSOs based on applications received through a public call. Aim for gender balance, with ideally the report 50/50. The educations will be conducted in two education cycles per year in 2024 and 2025. The CSO engaged will strive for 16 successful candidates per group to receive the certificate upon program completion.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate documentation in alignment with national laws and donor procedures, including attendees’ files, attendee lists, entrance and final examination records, and satisfaction surveys.
- The CSO will be selected based on meeting the criteria described in the CSO profile section. The applications received will be reviewed based on these criteria and the way the applications are evaluated according to the relevant score.
- Applicants are CSOs that are registered in Kosovo, with experience in civil society and the design, accreditation and implementation of training programs for CSOs, have expertise in finance, civil society and adult training. Successful applicants must:
- Be active CSOs registered in Kosovo;
- Have experience in the civil society sector and financial management.
- To have a cooperative partnership with experts in finance, management of CSOs and adult training.
- To have skills in identifying and implementing legal frameworks for training adults in Kosovo.
- To be able to establish direct communication with the relevant public authorities for accreditation.
- To be engaged in the selection of participants from the CSOs of Kosovo, emphasizing gender balance and inclusiveness.
- Have experience in effectively coordinating training sessions and education cycles.
- To have experience in comprehensive records of participant files, lists of participants, exams and satisfaction surveys.
- Can apply only NGOs registered and active in Kosovo. The branches of international NGOs are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit Institute for Democracy and Mediation.