Are you a civil society organization that deals with locally relevant issues in the field of environment and climate change? Are you worried by polluted air, too much waste, insufficient care of the rivers, the way decision makers treat nature and climate change? Do you have a clear idea how the current situation can be improved? Are citizens an important contributor in that process? If yes, then apply now for participation in the Green PowerUp – Civil Society Support Program for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development of Local Communities and become part of an incubator where BOS will work together on developing and realization of green project ideas that will improve quality of life in your communities.
The program is a part of the project “Green Incubator”, which is implemented by Belgrade Open School (BOS) together with partners Young Researchers of Serbia and Environmental Engineering Group. The project aims to strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations dealing with environmental issues, in particular to monitor the European integration process of the Republic of Serbia, to foster initiatives of local informal groups, as well as to explore the potential and make recommendations for socio-economic development of local communities based on principles of green (circular) economy.
Green PowerUp – Civil Society Support Program for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development of Local Communities has two components:
- Support for formal civil society organisations;
- Support for informal grassroots organisations.
Participating organizations will be provided with:
- Financial support for the realization of their projects;
- Capacity-building program for the project and financial management, as well as a program for the development of specific knowledge and skills related to Chapter 27 (environmental protection and climate change);
- Expert and mentorship support during project implementation;
- Participation in Coalition 27 activities, through monitoring local environmental policies and gathering data for contributions to the Coalition’s 27 Annual Shadow Reports, as well as taking part in Coalition 27’s events.
The thematic areas covered by this Program are:
- Waste management;
- Air quality;
- Nature protection;
- Water protection and management;
- Climate change;
- Horizontal legislation;
- Community response to mitigate effects of COVID-19
Support within this Program is intended for civil society organizations that:
- Are registered as associations, foundations or endowments, in accordance with the Law on Associations or the Law on Endowments and Foundations;
- Have an annual turnover of less than EUR 50,000.00;
- Currently are not beneficiaries of financial support from EU programs, nor are they beneficiaries of financial support within other programs funded by EU funds.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2ULE3Ii