Deadline: 28 March 2019
UNDP has announced a Request for Applications 2019 for The Challenge Fund to solicit applications and establish partnerships with CSOs and/or CSOs coalition on specific thematic rights issues to enhance the institutional capacity and better engagement of CSOs/CBOs coalitions for promotion and protection of Human Rights in specific context of Bangladesh.
The RFA 2019 is open to all CSOs and/or CSO coalitions, working at HRP’s 2019 priority districts in Bangladesh to make positive changes on advancing Human Rights, accessibility and human dignity (knowledge, capacity and practices) of target groups/communities.
The Challenge Fund support call to CSOs and CSO coalition is an initiative of Human Rights Programme (HRP), UNDP to foster small scale innovative2 human rights actions in addressing Human Rights problems/issues of the people/communities at local and national level of Bangladesh. The Challenge Fund (CF) support will encourage innovative ideas, actions and approaches for solution of Human Rights problems/issues through connecting specific group of people and communities under the thematic rights issues.
The RFA call 2019 contains with two specific categories/LOTs. These are:
- LOT-1: Maximum 10,000 USD
- LOT-2: Maximum 20,000 USD
The RFA 2019 will predominantly focus on the following thematic rights issues and context of Bangladesh:
- Civil and Political Rights
- Rights of the Minorities(Ethnic/Religious/Dalits/Gender diverse communities -Third gender)
- Women Rights
- Child Rights
The RFA 2019 is expecting that as immediate outputs, the CSOs coalition working at national and/or HRP’s priority district will:
- Have greater opportunity to enhance institutional capacity of the rights-based coalition of CSOs;
- Have an opportunity to work together on thematic rights issues at local and national level of Bangladesh;
- Have an opportunity to be engaged in human rights awareness, rights advocacy, fact-fining and rights-based networking, human rights monitoring and reporting at local and national context of Bangladesh;
- Establish a stronger and sustainable platform of rights-based CSOs in HRP’s priority districts in Bangladesh;
- Maintain effective coordination of coalition members on thematic rights issues for better promotion and protection of human rights in Bangladesh.
Following an open advertisement, the following eligibility requirements will be adopted for selection of CSOs and/or CSOs coalition at HRP’s priority districts and ultimately linked with national level of Bangladesh:
- Hold a valid Govt. registration (i.e. registration from NGOAB/Dept. of Social Welfare/Joint Stock Com./Dept. of Youth Development)
- Have signed MoU (as mandatory for CSOs coalition)
- Have at least 5 years working experiences of the lead CSO in the application under LOT-1 and at least 8 years experiences of lead CSO in the application under the LOT-2.
- Have valid and authorised audit report of last FY
- Have strong presence of CSOs in HRP’s priority districts in Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=53875