The Westmeath County Council is inviting nominations for the 2021 Age-Friendly Recognition Award, it is a national competition that is directly towards recognizing improvements by local communities/groups and agencies to make Westmeath a “Better Place in Which to Grow Old”.
The competition’s focus is on people coming together to shape, change and develop projects that improve the quality of life for older people and the community as a whole. It is a unique opportunity for community groups to be officially recognised for the valuable work undertaken in their local areas.
Under the Age-Friendly Recognition Award, community groups have an opportunity to showcase specific initiatives which will have long-lasting and positive impacts on older people in their community or further afield. Interested Community Groups are invited to apply for the 2021 competition. Westmeath County Council will:
- Select local winners of the Westmeath Age-Friendly Recognition Award;
- Support winners to make an application to the National Age Friendly Competition.
- Successful applicants will receive a special County award at the Awards event.
- The successful applicants must be willing to be nominated to the National Age Friendly Recognition Awards competition and will be required to showcase their project to National judges.
- Support will be given by the Westmeath Age Friendly County Manager in preparation for the National submission.
- Westmeath nominees have had a number of successes at the national level and would like to increase their participation in this national competition in recognition of great works carried out across the county.
For more information, visit http://www.westmeathcoco.ie/en/ourservices/communitydevelopment/communitygrants/