Applications are now open for the 2021 Social Impact Award (SIA), a community of young innovators able to translate intentions in action.
Social entrepreneurship is an innovative activity aimed at solving social and environmental problems in a self-supporting and sustainable manner.
Social Impact Award is an international program for the development and support of social entrepreneurship among young people from 18 to 30 years old.
- Education: They help develop entrepreneurial skills through interactive workshops and events. 250+ workshops and events in 88 cities in 20 countries
- Informing: They provide information on social entrepreneurship as a potential career. 200.000+ interested people were attracted through social networks, 10.000+ event participants and 800+ applications received.
- Community: They connect young social innovators with an international entrepreneurial community, peers and experts. 35.000+ people voted in Community Voting and 150+ entrepreneurs gathered at SIA Summit.
- Support: They enable the best teams to go through a hands-on incubation program and help them develop with start-up financial capital. 200 of the most talented teams completed the incubation program and 68 teams were awarded the Social Impact Award € 125,000 in seed funding was provided.
- More than half of the founders of the project must be no older than 30 years old or be students.
- Your project is being implemented on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Your project is at the idea stage or at an early stage of implementation (up to 1.5 years).
- Your project has not been previously supported financially (investments, grants, sponsorship money, cash prizes in other competitions, etc.).
- Your project has not previously participated in such incubation programs.
- Your project meets the criteria for selecting the winners.
- You understand that if you go to the final of the competition, you will have to work on the implementation of your project within 3 months in the incubation program (June-September 2021)
The SIA organizing committee, experts and jury members evaluate projects according to the four following criteria
- Social significance:
- relevance of the selected problem for the target audience
- value and significance of the project’s contribution to the life of society as a whole
- novelty of the solution and non-standard approach to the solution problems
- advantages of the solution in comparison with the existing ones
- well-developed business model
- availability of resources or understanding how to get them
- experience and potential of the project team member / s
- motivation of the team member / s
For more information, visit https://kazakhstan.socialimpactaward.net/