Are you a social entrepreneur with an innovative business idea or do you have an innovative solution to address a social challenge in your community? Do you want to learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Do you want to meet other young leaders? Do you want to learn how to improve the design of your solution and implement projects that will help your communities? Or do you want to learn how to improve your business idea and how you could implement it in reality? If so, UNDP/YLDF wants to hear from you!
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Yemen in partnership with the Youth Leadership Development Foundation (YLDF) is pleased to launch YLP8, the eighth edition of the Youth Leadership Programme 2022.
2022 Theme: Transforming the future of young people through quality education and gender equality
- The programme will support and empower Yemen’s young change-makers to design and implement innovative, effective, and sustainable development solutions. It aims to:
- Accelerate implementation of pioneering solutions for sustainable development; and,
- Build networks of young women and men who can create change and have a positive, sustainable impact in their communities.
- The YLP8 theme focuses on access to quality education (SDG4) and gender equality (SDG5) as a means of transforming the future of young men and women in Yemen. The programme supports youth community builders and social entrepreneurs.
- Community builders
- Young Yemenis have developed grassroots innovations that address gaps in the availability of essential services in their communities. Youth have shown that they can play a valuable role as an innovator or agent of change, and that their contribution should be actively supported and seen as part of building peaceful communities.
- Social entrepreneurs
- Yemen suffers from high youth unemployment. They recognize that entrepreneurship and innovation are essential to harness the economic potential of every nation but for entrepreneurship to thrive, a conducive business environment is needed. The programme helps introduce and promote metrics geared toward SDG impact in business and promoting more sustainable private sector development over time.
- Community builders
- By joining the programme, you will:
- Be a part of a dynamic network of young and innovative Yemeni leaders who desire to help the country build forward better. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in the programme with other young leaders from the Arab region and will have extensive opportunities to not only implement your ideas for social change but also develop your leadership potential.
- Develop your skills in social innovation approaches and methodologies as well as increase your skills in problem-solving, communication and leadership, strengthen your presentation abilities, and increase your understanding of emotional intelligence.
- Help expand your SDG knowledge.
- Learn more about wellbeing and mental health, and its role in creating effective change.
- Play a role in achieving the global SDGs!
- Receive a participation certificate.
- Finally, the best two projects from each governorate will receive US$ 2000. committed participants may have the chance to attend the regional workshops.
- Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Between 19 – 29 years of age.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Yemeni nationality living in Mukalla.
- Have an innovative solution or social entrepreneurship idea/project that contributes to achieving the SDGs and 2030 Agenda.
- Highly motivated and interested in social change.
- No experience necessary to apply.
- The ability to commit within the programme period (November – December 2022).
For more information, visit https://www.undp.org/yemen/news/call-applications-youth-leadership-programme-8-mukalla