The Swiss Re Foundation is accepting applications for the Shine Program India, a transformative leadership development programme through which they build purpose-driven leaders and accelerate the entrepreneurial journey of social innovators in our communities.
Through this open call for applications, they will select and recognise an early-stage entrepreneur on the basis of their holistic understanding of a specific social challenge and an innovative approach to solving it. The selected innovator will undergo a six-month immersive programme to develop a strategic and financially viable business plan along with a diverse and skilled team of top talents at Swiss Re GBS India that can be implemented to scale impact.
Following the leadership programme, which extends over four modules and six months, Swiss Re Foundation will continue the association with the innovator to support their progress and assess their impact. They’re confident that this experience will help the selected innovator not only realise their vision, but also grow professionally and personally.
- While healthcare in India has made great progress in the past decade, the accessibility, affordability & quality of health care & nutrition continue to be challenging. They believe that innovative, market-based solutions can play a big role in bridging this gap. The Swiss Re Foundation aims to make basic healthcare accessible to at least 1 million more people by 2024.
- They invite applications from social entrepreneurs with financially viable solutions that focus on Access to health & Nutrition in the areas given:
- Solutions that increase financial access to healthcare in low-income communities, e.g.
- increase household resources available for healthcare (e.g. through savings, payment and credit solutions)
- reduce health shocks that can lead to poverty or economic vulnerability after a disease or an accident (e.g. through microinsurance or other “safety nets”) Technology-based innovations that bring affordable healthcare solutions to the masses, solutions that enable:
- last mile delivery of healthcare to underserved groups
- accessibility of health-related data/training for community & health workers
- Phase 1: Social Innovator Award
- The submitted applications will be evaluated, and shortlisted entrepreneurs will be interviewed to select a winner who will enter the Action Learning Program along with a cohort of Swiss Re employees.
- The winner will also receive the Shine Social Innovator Award including a grant of INR 500000.
- Phase 2: Action Learning Program
- The social innovator will team up with Swiss Re employees and go through an accredited Action Learning Program facilitated in collaboration with our partner BOOKBRIDGE. During this immersive six-month journey, the innovator along with Swiss Re employees will together define problem areas for the business, engage with target communities, design and test solution prototypes and develop a viable business plan. They will then pitch this plan to the Shine panel of experts with the aim to earn an additional grant of INR 1500000.
- Phase 3: Impact monitoring
- The Swiss Re Foundation will monitor the progress, impact and sustainability of the social enterprise for a period of two years after the Action Learning Program phase to ensure stability and growth.
What Shine Program offers to social innovators?
- Access to skills and expertise of Swiss Re talent for six months
- Sharpened focus and approach to scale business
- Personalised leadership coaching in line with international standards
- Visibility in the local social entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Long-term association with Swiss Re Foundation
- Grant amount of up to INR 20 Lakhs to realise their vision
- Innovations that promote nutrition amongst low-income groups e.g.
- Access to affordable healthy meals
- Education/awareness around healthy diet backed by viable business model
- Solutions to prevent&manage food&diet-related diseases
- Climate smart agriculture for nutrient-rich foods
- Applicants must display high levels of innovation in their product, service and/or delivery. The solution must be focused and should address a critical challenge in the Health domain.
- Applicants must be early-stage enterprises that have an established proof of concept for their offering and are looking to accelerate their growth.
- Mission and purpose
- Applicants must have a strong social purpose and commitment and an outcome-focused approach to their impact area.
For more information, visit Shine Program India.