Deadline: 27 July 2016
Comic Relief is currently inviting applications from organizations registered in the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) for its Strength Initiative Program with an aim to recognize the importance of local community organizations and the pivotal role they play across the UK. That’s why, for the first time ever, Comic Relief developed this exciting programme to solely fund organizational costs (rather than financing the delivery of a specific project).
People living in deprived areas, or who face a range of social issues, often get vital support from smaller organizations based within their communities. It’s these locally-based groups that truly understand the needs of the people they serve and make a huge difference to their lives.
- In total, £4 million will be invested through this initiative with approximately 100 organizations receiving grants for core funding across the UK.
- Therefore, out of the £4 million available through this pilot programme, a minimum of £1 million will be awarded to organizations working primarily to support women and girls.
- Comic Relief welcome proposals for up to £40,000 over 24 months of activity (£20,000 each year) from organizations in the UK that:
- Deliver services in one of our programme areas (at least 75% of an organization’s activity must fit one of these themes).
- Have been in existence for at least five years, are embedded in their community and are committed to creating long-term change.
- Can demonstrate regional or local significance and can work with us to raise awareness of the important issues they are tackling in their area.
- Work in areas of significant disadvantage, deprivation or poverty, including rural isolation.
- Have an annual income of between £100,000 – £500,000.
- Have a current organizational plan and budget covering the period to at least 2017.
- Do not have more than one year’s unrestricted reserves (not including fixed assets).
- If an organization is already in receipt of funding from Comic Relief, they may only apply for core funding through this programme if their current grant is due to expire within 12 months.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via the given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit Comic Relief Grants.