Nominations are now open for the Social Entrepreneurship Award 2021 to increase the interest among young people for social entrepreneurship and through it for them to know the opportunities for developing their own career.
The Social Entrepreneurship Award is a competition and educational program to support entrepreneurial ideas among young people who have the potential to develop and implement innovative solutions to global problems. The Social Entrepreneurship Award is the largest European project for young people and students on the topic of entrepreneurship.
The project was founded and initiated by the University of Business and Economics in Vienna and the Impact Hub, and its mission is to promote social entrepreneurship among young people and students. The project itself consists of three parts: educational part, competition and reward, as well as incubation of the finalists in order to further develop its idea.
The educational part will be realized in the period from March to May 2020, with the organization of 3 so-called hackathons in Skopje, Bitola and Stip. Hackathon participants will have the opportunity to learn the basics of social entrepreneurship, to develop their business ideas from the beginning, as well as to bring them to a stage where they can be implemented.
In addition to hackathons, young people and students will have the opportunity to participate in the announced competition for the best business ideas with social content, which have the potential to make the biggest social change. With the help of an expert jury, three winning ideas will be selected.
- Raising awareness: They create awareness of social entrepreneurship as a possible career path.
- Education: They provide young people with basic information so that they can start a social enterprise.
- Community: They give young people the opportunity to receive feedback from their experts and peers.
- Support: They support the development of knowledge and skills, mentoring, incubation and funding.
- The total fund for the awards in Macedonia is 6000 euros, participation in the European Summit in Prague in November, mentoring, incubation period and many other opportunities.
They offer young people and students access and opportunity to interact with professionals and associates from the business sector and thus directly support their ideas and initiatives.
For more information, visit https://north-macedonia.socialimpactaward.net/?utm_source=header&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=cross_promo