The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to support India, on climate action.
The objective is to enhance India’s commitment to combating climate change through collaboration on developing and deploying clean technologies, curbing emissions, mobilization of investment capital to support clean energy transition, and building capacity to adapt to climate risks and build resilience.
Proposals should articulate how the grantee organization will:
- Develop tailored content for the identified audience
- Identify a trusted and well-known host
- Recruit experts and influencers to feature as guests
- Distribute and publicize the podcast to reach the largest number of members of the identified audience
- Monitor and evaluate grant performance
- To raise awareness among young entrepreneurs and innovators of opportunities to enrich their businesses, institutions, and lifestyles with more sustainable choices. Listeners will be inspired by stories of others, get practical information and “myth busting” about the environmental impact of everyday decisions, and will see the United States as a source of partnership and leadership in protecting the planet.
- Six months post-launch, the climate action podcast will reach at least half a million listeners across various podcast streaming platforms. At least 10% of listeners will participate in a survey that measures their interest. The link of this survey will be made available in the episode description, as well as through various social media platforms.
- At least 10% should engage in a dialogue on social media through a dedicated hashtag committing to a sustainable lifestyle – the call to action will be provided in every episode by the host to participate in the survey, and use a dedicated hashtag to engage on social media.
- Length of performance period: 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: One award
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $30,000 to a maximum of $50,000
- Total available funding: $50,000
- Anticipated program start date: September 30, 2023
Project Audience(s): The primary audience is Indian entrepreneurs, innovators, and changemakers between the ages of 17-45. They should have an interest in climate change and how India can use innovation and technology to solve the climate crisis. Participants should be globally aware and intellectually curious.
Priority Region: India
- The following organizations are eligible to apply: include all that apply, and indicate U.S., foreign, or both. For example:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations.
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public international organizations and governmental institutions
For more information, visit Grants.gov.