The Family Empowerment Media (FEM) is an evidence-driven non-profit that enables informed health decisions through clear, compelling, and accurate radio-based communication. They focus on sexual and reproductive health.
FEM seeks a local NGO partner to accelerate the growth into new locations. The partner will provide deep insights into their local communities and implement the established system for proofs of concept in new-to-them countries. They’ll bring the funding, a proven model, and research capabilities.
By partnering with FEM, you will gain:
- The opportunity to co-implement an impactful campaign reaching thousands of families, saving and improving lives
- Capacity building on qualitative and quantitative research, budgeting and planning, storytelling, and creative production of evidence-based, effective social behaviour change campaigns
- The potential for long term partnership in an impactful area
Scope of Work
- The new local partner will:
- Conduct focus group discussions and in-depth interviews
- Organise a stakeholder workshop
- Conduct health facility visits
- Identify radio production companies
- Develop two scripts and ads
- Negotiate contracts with 1-2 radio stations
- Pre-test adverts and adapt
- Distribute the final radio files to the radio station(s)
- Monitor broadcasts
- Conduct mini-survey at the end of POC with 40 target listeners
- This initial proof of concept will last about 8 weeks, including 1 week of airing. The project is expected to start in October to November.
- They are looking for a partner who is keen to grow with them. If this project is successful, the plan is to launch a longer campaign. The partners in Nigeria have kept working with FEM for years after the proof of concept project was completed.
- A successful team will be inspired by the mission and demonstrate a commitment to the core values of ambitious altruism, evidence-based decision-making, cultural sensitivity, humility, and transparency. FEM is also seeking a partner with:
- A passionate leader who deeply understand the culture and stakeholder landscape where they’ll air
- Interest in ongoing, longer projects with FEM
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects
- Ability to bring in competent partners and team members
- Capacity to adjust to schedule shifts
- Competitive pricing
- Official, current registration
- Previous work in health communication a plus, not required
For more information, visit Family Empowerment Media (FEM).