The main purpose of the call is to design and provide concrete and comprehensive support services to changemakers and potential social entrepreneurs to empower them with the skills, tools and knowledge to develop, implement and expand their initiatives through conducting the following activities with Ashoka Arab World:
- Outreach activities to reach the target groups who match the criteria mentioned below.
- A 5-day virtual boot-camp for at least 50 participants.
- A 6-month (48 days) social entrepreneurship training program for 15-20 participants.
- A 6-month (up to 36 days) incubation program for 9 participants.
The total duration of each program should be as follows:
- The 5-day Boot Camp training delivery will be no more than a week.
- The Capacity Building Program will be no more than 6 months (48 training days).
- The Incubation Program will be no less than 6 months (up to 36 training days).
Target Group Criteria
- The selected participants have to be between 18 to 30 years old. At least 70% of participants need to be females and 30% males from Egypt.
- At least 50% of the participants should have developed/implemented initiatives related to women empowerment.
- At least 60% of the participants should have already taken concrete steps to realize their projects/initiatives.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
Ashoka Arab World is looking for a well-qualified organization (company or NGO) to fulfill the above-mentioned tasks. The organization should meet the following criteria in terms of qualifications, technical competencies and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in training and empowering social entrepreneurs on a national level;
- Concrete knowledge of the social entrepreneurship context and start-up scene in Egypt, specifically the challenges and the bottlenecks social entrepreneurs face.
- Demonstrated experience tailoring and conducting different capacity-building activities, including developing and delivering trainings, mentorship, consultations, monitoring and evaluation
For more information, visit Ashoka Arab World.