The City of Kitchener has announced an open call for the Senior of the Year Award.
The provincial Senior of the Year Award gives them the opportunity to honour one outstanding citizen who over the age of 65 has enriched the social, cultural or civic life of their community.
- Mayor Berry Vrbanovic will announce the recipient of their Senior of the Year Award at a ceremony on Tuesday, May 30 at 7 p.m. All candidates and their guests will be invited to attend the ceremony featuring light refreshments, entertainment and announcement of award recipient.
- At this event, all nominees will be recognized and will receive a certificate signed by the mayor.
- be 65 years of age or older
- be a current resident of Kitchener
- not be a current member of the Mayor's Advisory Council for Kitchener Seniors (MACKS)
- be an individual (you cannot nominate couples or groups)
- give permission to be nominated and agree to submission information
Nominations will be reviewed by a panel made up of:
- volunteers from the Mayor's Advisory Council for Kitchener Seniors (MACKS)
- members of council
- staff members
- a representative from the Volunteer Waterloo Region
For more information, visit City of Kitchener.