Deadline: 29 July 2018
The U.S. Embassy of Lebanon / Public Diplomacy Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State have announced an open competition for organizations, individuals, and alumni of U.S. Exchange programs to submit applications for its Public Affairs Small Grants Program.
U.S. Embassy Beirut seeks proposals that promote the following themes:
- Youth engagement in community development;
- Culture and the arts as tools to promote freedom of expression, youth engagement, and/or economic advancement;
- Freedom of speech, transparency, and democratic values;
- Alumni engagement in community service initiatives (alumni networking projects are not likely to receive funding)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $50,000
- Total available funding: $250,000
- Length of performance period: 3 to 24 months
- Anticipated program start date: August 2018
Proposals must be implemented in Lebanon, with priority given to projects implemented partially or entirely in underserved areas.
- Applicants can apply as individuals, together as a group (For example, a group of alumni), or as non-profit organizations.
- For alumni proposals, partnerships with existing, active alumni organizations are encouraged.
- Successful projects should identify and work with appropriate partner institutions. Partner institutions can be engaged to provide expertise as well as cost-share activities. Cost-sharing (financial and/or in kind) is encouraged for a competitive grant.
- Each project will be considered for its potential sustainability; projects that demonstrate sustainability will be given preference.
- All projects should be conducted in English or have a major English-language component.
- Successful grantees should be prepared to share their grant activities, as appropriate, on social media.
- Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Target a large number of beneficiaries throughout and beyond the grant period.
- Engage Youth
- Touch on more than one theme
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Alumni of Department of State-sponsored exchange programs.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.