The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) DRC Office is seeking expressions of interest (EOIs) for the Establishment of a Mapping of the CSOs / South Kivu Province. These CSOs / NGOs must have expertise in the sectors/themes concerned by community recovery activities. This mapping of CSOs follows the next steps of the project for the launch of the community recovery component.
The DRC in general and the Province of South Kivu, in particular, are facing a series of challenges in the main areas that can serve as a lever for its development, particularly in terms of governance, inclusive economic growth and job creation, provision of social services, basic, environmental protection, stabilization, and peacebuilding.
With a view to providing an adequate response to the needs expressed by the community, UNDP financed the construction of a micro-hydroelectric power station in Bitable. This structure was inaugurated in February 2020.
The specific objectives of this intervention are mentioned below.
- List the civil society organizations operating in the province of South Kivu,
- Select CSOs with expertise in the community recovery sector,
- Make available a roster of civil society organizations that can collaborate with UNDP in the community recovery component during the current program cycle.
The activities of the community recovery component will be implemented in a community approach and will be oriented in the areas mentioned below. :
- Socio-economic reintegration of young people and vulnerable women
- Entrepreneurship, innovative agro-food processing, and product marketing
- Microfinance (support and supervision of AVEC, MUSO)
- Vocational training in promising sectors
- Construction of storage infrastructure
- Promotion and protection of human rights through legal support and advice, awareness-raising, documentation of rights violations
- Promotion of the gender approach (awareness-raising, training, coaching, etc.) with an emphasis on gender equality, the inclusion, and participation of women in development initiatives
- NGOs / CSOs interested in collaborating during the period from 2020 to 2023 in the province of South Kivu / Kalehes will be requested to complete the attached questionnaire and to attach all the supporting documents expressly requested.
- CSO profiles must meet the following general and specific requirements.
- General / common requirements:
- Proven experience of the CSO in working with local authorities in the project management process, as well as in the selection of beneficiaries,
- Specific internal expertise in the field of conflict transformation with the participation of local authorities as well as representatives of the most important entities of civil society (representation of women, young people, etc.),
- CSO experience in the implementation of a community structuring approach and financial inclusion,
- Any other relevant experience of the CSO in the field of social cohesion support.
- Proof of legal existence in DR Congo in the form of a non-profit association under Congolese or international law, possession of the F92 being a decisive asset.
- Possession of official operating documents in DR Congo and recognition at the provincial level.
- The availability within it of permanent staff with technical and administrative skills, based in the province for which the application is submitted.
- Specific requirements:
- A solid knowledge / internal expertise in the field of the implementation of community recovery projects,
- Experience in structuring women, young people, and small local producers for their organization, savings, self-financing of their income-generating activities, and better access to local financial services.
- Successful field experience in the socio-economic reintegration of vulnerable people,
- Solid knowledge of the culture, socio-economic, logistical, and security challenges of the specific geographic area in which the NGO intends to offer its services
- Good knowledge of the traditional conflict resolution mechanisms of the said zone to facilitate inter-community dialogue and proven experience in conducting community awareness sessions,
- Proven capacities in promoting social cohesion through the participation of people from different origins in the activities,
- Have proven financial stability for the past two years.
- Have experience of working in partnership or consortium.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=70182