Deadline: 12 June 2019
The European Commission-Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) is seeking proposals for its Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme 2019 with an aim to enhance human capital development in Africa, while strengthening intra-African collaboration as called for by Agenda 2063.
- Increase the employability of students;
- Improve the quality of higher education in Africa and its relevance to Africa’s development vision;
- Strengthen the modernisation and internationalisation of African higher education institutions, and promote the development of an African higher education and research space.
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 9.800.000 and should allow around 350 mobility flows.
- Each grant will amount to between EUR 1.000.000 (minimum grant size) and EUR 1.400.000 (maximum grant size) depending on:
- The number of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) participating as lead applicant and co-applicants.
- The number, type and duration of the mobility flows to be implemented.
- The Agency expects to fund 7-8 proposals.
- The Agency reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available.
Only applications that fulfil the eligibility criteria will be subject of an in-depth evaluation:
Eligible applicants, partnerships and individuals
The present Call is open to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) as lead applicant and co-applicants. Only applications submitted by HEIs established in Africa (as lead applicant) are eligible.
- Lead Applicant: A lead applicant must be a legal person in order to demonstrate its existence as a legal person, the applicant must be legally established for more than 3 years and must provide a Legal Entity Form, duly completed, signed, and accompanied by the relevant documents.
- Partnership: The partnership will be composed of the lead applicant, the co-applicants (partner HEIs and an EU technical partner) and the associated partners where relevant.
- Students: Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme and master students as well as doctoral candidates referred to as “students”. Being nationals of a member state of the African Union and being resident in Africa.
- Academic and Administrative Staff: Academic and Administrative staff, hereafter referred to as “staff”, being nationals of a member state of the African Union and being resident in Africa and working for a HEI involved in the partnership.
- General provisions:The project will entail the organisation and implementation of student in high quality master level and doctoral programmes as well as the provision of education/training and other services to foreign students. The organisation and implementation of staff mobility from the countries covered by the project with the provision of teaching/training, research assignments and other services.
- Thematic fields of study:This Call for proposals is open to the following thematic fields of study defined according to the international standard classification of education:
- Organisation and implementation of mobility: Activities related to the organisation and the implementation of mobility aim at creating optimal conditions, through quality support measures, for students and staff to undertake periods of study/teaching/research/ training at a host HEI established a country different than the one of nationality and residence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/intra-africa/funding/intra-africa-academic-mobility-scheme-2019_en