Deadline: 12 June 2019
The European Commission-Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) is seeking proposals for its Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme 2019 with an aim to enhance human capital development in Africa, while strengthening intra-African collaboration as called for by Agenda 2063.
- Increase the employability of students;
- Improve the quality of higher education in Africa and its relevance to Africa’s development vision;
- Strengthen the modernisation and internationalisation of African higher education institutions, and promote the development of an African higher education and research space.
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 9.800.000 and should allow around 350 mobility flows.
- Each grant will amount to between EUR 1.000.000 (minimum grant size) and EUR 1.400.000 (maximum grant size) depending on:
- The number of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) participating as lead applicant and co-applicants.
- The number, type and duration of the mobility flows to be implemented.
- The Agency expects to fund 7-8 proposals.
- The Agency reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available.
Only applications that fulfil the eligibility criteria will be subject of an in-depth evaluation:
Eligible applicants, partnerships and individuals
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The present Call is open to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) as lead applicant and co-applicants. Only applications submitted by HEIs established in Africa (as lead applicant) are eligible.
- Lead Applicant: A lead applicant must be a legal person in order to demonstrate its existence as a legal person, the applicant must be legally established for more than 3 years and must provide a Legal Entity Form, duly completed, signed, and accompanied by the relevant documents.
- Partnership: The partnership will be composed of the lead applicant, the co-applicants (partner HEIs and an EU technical partner) and the associated partners where relevant.
- Students: Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme and master students as well as doctoral candidates referred to as “students”. Being nationals of a member state of the African Union and being resident in Africa.
- Academic and Administrative Staff: Academic and Administrative staff, hereafter referred to as “staff”, being nationals of a member state of the African Union and being resident in Africa and working for a HEI involved in the partnership.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- General provisions:The project will entail the organisation and implementation of student in high quality master level and doctoral programmes as well as the provision of education/training and other services to foreign students. The organisation and implementation of staff mobility from the countries covered by the project with the provision of teaching/training, research assignments and other services.
- Thematic fields of study:This Call for proposals is open to the following thematic fields of study defined according to the international standard classification of education:
- Organisation and implementation of mobility: Activities related to the organisation and the implementation of mobility aim at creating optimal conditions, through quality support measures, for students and staff to undertake periods of study/teaching/research/ training at a host HEI established a country different than the one of nationality and residence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/intra-africa/funding/intra-africa-academic-mobility-scheme-2019_en