Deadline: 9 January 2017
The U.S.-Japan Leadership Program (USJLP) is open for applications, seeking exceptionally talented young Americans and Japanese leaders, bringing them together to foster dialogue, friendship and understanding between the two countries.
- The Foundation covers economy class direct travel expenses to and from Delegates’ home location to the conference site, as well as lodging expenses and official travel during the conference.
- Incidental and/or personal charges (e.g., telephone calls, laundry, etc.) during the Program are to be paid by the Delegates.
- Any American or Japanese citizen between the ages of 28 and 42 on the first day of their first conference (e.g. July 23, 2017 for applicants to the 2017-2018 conferences) is eligible for USJLP.
- Candidates must have demonstrated leadership, achievement, or the potential for leadership in their respective fields.
- Consideration will be given to men and women from a broad spectrum of careers.
- Candidates need not live in their home country to apply to USJLP. Applications are regularly accepted from candidates who are either permanently or temporarily living abroad, outside of their home country.
- USJLP strives to bring together a diverse set of backgrounds and specialties in each class and provides a unique opportunity to witness and discuss US-Japan relations first-hand. Expertise on Japan is not a requirement.
Delegates are expected to attend all official USJLP events throughout the course of the week.
How to Apply
Interested applicant must submit an online application form, available on the given website.
Eligible Countries: U.S. and Japan
For more information, please visit USJLP.