Deadline: 2 May 2018
Applications are now open for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Disabled Members of the Armed Forces. The purpose of this programme is to provide grants to eligible adaptive sports entities to plan, develop, manage, and implement programs to provide adaptive sports activities for disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces.
Adaptive sports activities mean:
- instruction, participation, and competition in adaptive sports
- training and technical assistance to program administrators, coaches, recreation therapists, instructors, VA
- employees, and other appropriate individuals
- coordination, Paralympic classification of athletes, athlete assessment, sport-specific training techniques,
- program development (including programs at the local level), sports equipment, supplies, program evaluation, and other activities related to the implementation and operation of the program grants to adaptive sports
- entities that will coordinate or provide adaptive sports activities.
The overriding goal for this NOFA is to:
- Ensure that appropriate levels of resources are provided to eligible adaptive sports entities with the greatest capabilities to meet the needs and priorities for disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces as described in the ASG Program goals and objectives, and provide adaptive sports activities in geographic regions where VA has identified limited sports opportunities for disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $8,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $500,000
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- State governments
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- City or township governments
- Independent school districts
- County governments
- Private institutions of higher education
- Eligible applicants must qualify as a non-Federal Government entity with significant experience in managing a large-scale adaptive sports program for persons with disabilities if those disabilities are those that disabled Veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces may have.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit the applications via given website
Eligible Country: U.S
For further information, please visit grants.gov.