The One Young World has launched the applications for the Closing the Disability Employment Gap Challenge that aims to identify solutions that contribute towards reducing the disability employment gap, focused on solutions that address awareness campaigns, education, recruitment and retention programs, improved policies and practices, technological or policy inequalities and/or inaccessibility.
They are seeking young innovators who are leading sustainable, market-ready and scalable solutions which have demonstrated meaningful impact for the employability of people with disabilities.
The challenge welcomes innovative and inclusive solutions that are:
- Focused on technologies, products which enable greater accessibility to persons with disabilities to achieve improved educational outcomes and full and productive employment and decent work.
- Promoting reforms, and/or advocacy that will drive the changes necessary to unlock employment opportunities for people with disabilities to achieve equal pay for work of equal value.
- Services, solutions and/or initiatives that value add at any stage of the employment lifecycle for example education, recruitment, on-boarding, physical and virtual working environment, training, career development
- As the world’s largest specialist ophthalmology company, they would love to support solutions that in some way address employment inclusion for people with vision impairment, as well as other critical disability categories.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 to 19 May
- A US$50,000 grant from Santen
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Santen professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 8 supported by Santen.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Market ready: Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/lead2030/21-22/challenge-sdg8-santen