The 4th UNCTAD Youth Forum is now open to students or young professionals aged 18 to 30, who are interested in trade and development issues and want to debate with other youth from around the world.
With the theme “For Planetary Prosperity”, young students or professionals between the ages of 18 and 30 will have the opportunity to discuss ongoing technological innovations, transformation of industries, education for the future and the growing importance of soft skills – in particular the need for collaboration to address complex issues at scale and create a more resilient global economy.
The world today stands at a critical crossroad, facing multiple complex challenges arising from the lingering COVID-19 pandemic, with a global recession and energy crisis slowing economic growth and deepening inequalities around the world. Climate change and environmental degradation remain major global concerns, with developing countries being among the most heavily impacted. The recent health crisis spotlighted collaboration as key aspect of solving crises that are global in nature and creating a better future for humanity. Youth participation in creating a more networked multilateralism will be key for a resilient global economy.
The forum will bring together youth from around the world to exchange local and global experiences, ideas and best practices. It will provide a platform for the perspectives of the youth to be presented to the wider debate at the World Investment Forum. This will be through deep dive sessions, Youth o’Clocks, creative problem-solving workshops, projects presented by youth, and networking. Forum participants may also participate in the WIF itself.
The 4th UNCTAD Youth Forum will take place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from 16 to 20 October 2023 as part of the World Investment Forum (WIF).
The theme of the Forum is “For Planetary Prosperity”.
- Facilitate the exchange of experiences among the youth and strengthen a network of future leaders from around the world.
- Foster an interactive dialogue between the youth and global players working towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, offering the youth a platform to express their views on issues of concern and areas where they wish to see greater action.
- Raise greater awareness on youth-led projects and how to enhance youth involvement in sustainable development programmes.
UNCTAD will pre-select forum participants, who should meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Be able to speak and understand English.
- Have experience (from studies or work) in the areas of UNCTAD’s work/focus. Evidence of projects related to trade and development (academic and professional) will be considered as experience in the field. Participants will then be invited to describe their experiences in a video.
For more information, visit UNCTAD.