The GBE Benin project is now open to any company with a project in decentralised renewable energies. It facilitates access to finance for local developers of decentralized renewable energy projects, through technical assistance and linkages with business development service providers and financial institutions.
This call for projects in the renewable energy sector aims to collect the best project proposals from local project developers seeking funding. After an analysis of proposals, the best project proposals will be put in touch with the business development centers, which will provide them with coaching, capacity building and assistance in the elaboration of their business plan and application for financing, according to the requirements of financial institutions and investors.
In order to assist renewable energy project entrepreneurs in mobilising investments, GBE works in partnership with business development centers who possess proven experience in entrepreneurial and managerial coaching, as well as in liaising with financial institutions.
Grüne Bürgerenergie (GBE, Energie Verte pour les Citoyens, in French), implemented by GIZ, is a project that encourages private investment in the decentralized renewable energy sector with the aim of contributing to rural economic development.
What projects are eligible?
All projects related to decentralized renewable energy and have an impact on rural economic development are eligible.
The project must:
- Have a duration of less than 36 months;
- Apply for credit or investment not exceeding a maximum of 150% (i.e. 1.5 times) of the promoter’s annual turnover during the year 2019;
- Have a strong potential for growth and creation of added value with a net profit margin not exceeding 50% of the annual turnover;
- Have a personal contribution of at least 20% of the overall project cost.
- Apart from these indicators, the project developer must prove that they do not have any outstanding credit with a financial institution and must declare this.
Who can apply?
Companies interested in this call for projects must meet the following conditions:
- Propose a project related to decentralised renewable energies;
- Have at least one (01) year of existence;
- Be formalised in the Registre de Commerce et du Crédit Mobilier (RCCM) or have the status of entrepreneur;
- Be available, committed and motivated to benefit from the services of the business development centers;
- Be able to cover their share of the costs of the business development centers;
The companies of selected proposals must be able to provide all financial documents necessary for facilitating their access to financing (financial balance sheet etc.
For more information, visit https://gruene-buergerenergie.org/de/neueste-entwicklungen/call-for-project-proposals/