The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) invites young entrepreneurs in Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon to apply to the Great Ideas Space 2023: Entrepreneurship and Innovation promoting Health Security and Economic Development.
The programme will equip youth with the knowledge, skills, and network needed to turn your ideas for a social or for-profit enterprise into a business model that addresses challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic and contribute to building a resilient health sector in the region.
The Programme seeks to include women and men entrepreneurs, leaders, and members of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) who are committed to bringing innovative local solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic.
By the end of this programme, the participants will understand how to employ design-thinking methodologies and turn their ideas for a social or for-profit enterprise into a scalable, sustainable business model. Participants will utilize modern leadership and management techniques to devise a project or venture that tackles obstacles and addresses the COVID-19 pandemic strategically and inclusively.
Upon assessment, 150 participants will be selected and invited to the self-paced online training programme.
- Phase I of the programme will feature online courses, peer-to-peer discussions, assignments, and webinars on key topics in entrepreneurship and public health.
- Top-performing participants will progress to Phase 2, where they will receive in-depth training and mentoring to further design and prototype their ventures/projects.
- Top-performing participants from Phase 2 will be invited to Phase 3, where they will participate in an online hackathon or in-person workshop.
- The programme will run from July 2023 – March 2024.
- To apply, you must have good oral and written English skills as well as access to the Internet and a computer or smartphone.
- UNITAR will review your application based on your:
- Keen passion to learn by doing and highly motivated to contribute to COVID-19 recovery in Iraq, Jordan, and Lebanon through self-led projects/enterprises.
- Deep interest in entrepreneurship and public health.
- Commitment to actively engage in the programme for its entire duration, including travelling in/outside the country to attend in-person training.
- Age (between 18 and 45).
For more information, visit UNITAR.