The UNDP India is inviting applicants for its Innovations Marketplace for Gender Equality Initiative to promote new innovative solutions to age-old problems relating to gender bias faced by LGBTI and women of the society.
This initiative invites youth-led innovations to promote LGBTI livelihoods and mitigate gender-based violence in India. Under this larger theme, they are looking for solutions in the broad areas of economic empowerment, financial independence, education, skilling, employment, social protection, healthcare (including mental health), and rights etc.
COVID-19 has deepened inequalities, impeding our progress in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. For the LGBTI and marginalised, the impact of the crisis has been adverse. Globally, nearly 243 million women and girls between 15 to 49 years were subjected to sexual and/or physical intimate partner violence in the last year (UN Women, 2020). A survey of 122 community organisation shows that 85% of them reported a rapid increase in violence against women and girls.
The platform aims to bring together the key ecosystem stakeholders, including Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, and Civil society to support young entrepreneurs making them enablers of change.
UNDP will identify 30 youth-led innovations and/or ideas and enable them to become changemakers.
- Calling early-stage initiatives (less than 6 years of existence) being run by people between 18-40 years;
- 3 months long virtual incubation program;
- Capacity building workshops;
- Access to mentorship and resource providers;
- Peer Learning;
- Networking Opportunities.
- Young innovators between the age group of 18-40 years old (Indian Residents).
- Founder/Co-founder of a non-profit organization or a social enterprise (0-6 years of establishment).
- Working in space of LGBT livelihoods and/or gender-based violence mitigation.
- Nascent (growth/pilot) stage social enterprises and non-profits.
- Women LGBT youth and differently-abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit http://www.lgbtiinnovations.in/