Deadline: 13 December 2016
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women South Africa (UN Women SAMCO) is seeking quotations for the “Value Chain Analysis in the Renewable Energy Sector in South Africa” to develop innovative solutions on preventing gender based violence in Institutions of Higher Education in Southern Africa.
The UN Women South Africa Multi Country Office (SAMCO) is planning to implement a flagship programme on Stimulating Equal Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs through Affirmative Procurement, Investment and Supply Chain Policies.
The programme seeks to improve women’s access to public and private procurement of goods and services by linking them through the value chain. The work seeks to develop and strengthen the capacity of Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) to engage in existing in markets.
The objectives of the work will be to:
- To understand information on existing opportunities in the Renewable energy sector.
- To develop critical standards or qualifications required for participating in the value chain at a contractual level.
- To develop knowledge products in the form of factsheet and training materials.
- To strengthen the capacity of women owned businesses to bid for the upcoming
- Research and background preparation for Renewable Energy Value Chain maps
- Develop critical standards or qualifications required to participate in the value chain developed
- Design and map Value Chains for (i) Solar PV, (ii) Wind, (iii) Gas Workshop material
- Facilitate workshop
- Produce workshop report
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social sciences, Social Research, Gender & Development Studies, Energy and/or any other relevant qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in conducting research on social and economic policy.
- Strong technical understanding and knowledge of the South Africa Renewable Energy Programme.
- Proven experience in working on women’s economic empowerment; women’s equal opportunities and /or enterprise development strategies.
- Proven capacity to work with a broad range of partners, including government bodies, private sector and women associations.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in designing and facilitating capacity building processes.
- Strong commitment to gender equality, human rights and respect for diversity.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit UN Women SAMCO.