Deadline: 28 February 2020
The Fulbright Specialist Program in Kosovo is open for Kosovo host institutions to submit project ideas for qualified U.S. scholars and professionals.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Fulbright Specialist Program is a part of the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. The program awards grants for projects that will last between two and six weeks.
A Fulbright Specialist grant may be funded for anywhere between 14 and 42 days, including travel days. Fulbright Kosovo will give preference to projects for the maximum program length of 42 days. The stay in Kosovo should be uninterrupted as it cannot be split up into several periods. A Fulbright Specialist grant should include opportunities to collaborate with professional counterparts on faculty development, institutional planning and a variety of other activities. For example, Fulbright Specialists may:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Conduct needs assessments, surveys, institutional or program research
- Take part in specialized academic programs and conferences
- Consult with administrators and instructors from post-secondary institutions on faculty development
- Present lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Participate in or lead seminars or workshops
- Develop and/or assess academic curricula or educational materials
- Conduct teacher-training programs at the tertiary level
Applications will be accepted for Fulbright Specialists in the following fields:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Business Administration
- Communications and Journalism
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Library Science
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Public and Global Health
- Sociology and Social Work
- U.S. Studies in Art, Art History, Dance, History, Literature, Music, Popular Culture & Theater
- Urban Planning
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Involve more than one department/unit at the inviting host institution and/or
- Are interdisciplinary in nature and/or
- Help develop institutional strategies at the host institution and/or
- Involve community stakeholders outside the host institution and/or
- Promote academic innovation.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Follow country-specific processes or competition requirements and develop a project that fits the parameters of FSP.
- Provide in-country cost share for the Specialist, including lodging, meals, and in-country transportation, either through monetary or in-kind contributions, throughout their full stay in country.
- Provide secure, safe and comfortable housing for the Specialist. Typical accommodations are hotels, university housing, and (if organized in consultation with the Specialist candidate and approved by them) approved homestays with host institution staff or faculty.
- Organize and provide funding or in-kind assistance for pick-up/drop-off at the airport.
- Provide funding or in-kind assistance for all meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Typical options include stipends to provide opportunities for Specialists to go to local cafes or shop for groceries, university cafeterias, meals at a homestay, etc. The funding must be calculated in USD.
- Notify U.S. Embassy of any problems or concerns while the Specialist is carrying out his or her project.
- Complete the final report survey.
- Report to the post or Commission regarding a project’s impact or media coverage.
- The Fulbright Specialist Program is open to qualified U.S. scholars and professionals in the fields listed above.
- Inviting institutions must be accredited higher education institutions.
- Inviting academic institutions can identify any qualified U.S. Scholar (a name request). This person will have to go through a screening process for final eligibility.
- Institutions can also select a candidate from the existing Specialist Roster (a list with pre-approved scholars). These “Roster” scholars do not have to go through another screening process.
- U.S. citizen at the time of application. Permanent resident status is not sufficient.
- A PhD or equivalent professional/terminal degree at the time of application. For professionals and artists outside academia, recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments are required.
- Persons residing abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application are ineligible. Residing abroad is defined as living outside the United States for nine months or more during a calendar year. Duty abroad in the U.S. Armed Forces is not considered disqualifying within the meaning of this section.
- Disclosure of prior conviction or current indictment for commission of a felony. Prior conviction or current indictment may result in disqualification.
- Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or physical impairment.
- Costs for lodging, meals, and in-country transportation must be covered by the host institution.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
All intrested applicants must submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://xk.usembassy.gov/fulbright_specialist/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.