The United Bank of Africa (UBA) is now accepting applications for the National Essay Competition 2022, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria aims to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
“ASUU Strikes have often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian government on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the country.”
The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N5 million educational grant to any African University of their choice, while the second and third prizes are N3 million and N2.5 million in educational grants to African Universities, respectively.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Must be in Senior Secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport)
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
For more information, visit https://www.ubagroup.com/national-essay-competition/